TGIT... Thank God It's Today
Volume #365 / November 17th, 2014 By: Barry Gottlieb, Author, Speaker, and Trusted Advisor. Time out !!! Does that work in life?
"Recognize that each day is filled with 24 golden hours. Each hour has 60 diamond minutes in it. Each minute has 60 ruby seconds. When they are gone, they are lost forever." (Dr. Denis Waitley)
The Rolling Stones, the Chambers Brothers and Chicago all had hit songs about time. Poets and authors have written about it. And yet, every day people waste it without giving it much thought.
Simply listen to the people you surround yourself with. Chances are, somebody will either be complaining about their lack of time to get things done, or they will use their lack of time as a reason they can't start something new.
On the other hand, there are those rare individuals that seem to get so much done with their time. Sometimes we are amazed at how they are able to handle all the things they do and still find time for their family, friends and new adventures. How is it that they can make this happen?
Here are some basic truths about time.
- First, everybody has exactly the same amount of seconds, minutes and hours each day.
- Second, there are no “time outs” from life.
- Third, there are no dress rehearsals!
- Fourth, you can always earn more money... but you can never earn more time.
- Take ownership and control of your time and your life.
- Stop using time as an excuse for why you aren't being responsible.
- Make time for YOU.
- Make time for your family and friends
- Make time to meditate... or just sit and breathe.
- Seize the moment... and the day!
Take back your life! Time, like everything else, is all about the choices we make. Choose well.
Remember... Every day is a gift, and the quality of your life is your gift to yourself