TGIT... Thank God It's Today Volume #388 - April 27th, 2015. By Barrt Gottlieb Who really matters... Take this quiz
Don't bother getting a pen and paper. Read the questions and if you can't answer them, just keep going.
- Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
- Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
- Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
- Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
- Name the last five Academy Award winners for Best Actor and Actress.
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday, even though these people are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies, the awards tarnish, the achievements are forgotten; and the accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Now here's another quiz.
See how you do on this one:
- Name three teachers who aided your journey through school.
- Name three friends who helped you through a difficult time.
- Name five people who taught you something worthwhile.
- Think of a five people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
- Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The people who make a difference in your life aren't the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards.
They are the ones who care.
Remember... Every day is a gift, and the quality of your life is your gift to yourself.